Protecting your garden from green-fingered thieves
It can be easy to overlook garden and outbuilding security and this is perhaps why they are now considered an easy target for thieves. The good news is just a few simple actions can make a big difference.
Get your garden effects covered in your homeowners insurance policy, itemizing anything worth over $500 and stating its value. Some insurers (such as Chubb) have special policy wordings for gardens. It’s best to work with a broker who has specialist knowledge and can give expert advice.
Think twice before taking the “easy” option of insuring through main-street companies or your mortgage provider – they simply don’t have the time or the expertise to give individual advice, and are bound by standardized and often inadequate policy wordings.
Steps you can take to manage your risk:
Don’t think “It won’t happen to me!" Take sensible steps to look after your home and garden. Make sure you’ll receive a cash settlement in full when you make a claim, so that you’re free to choose how and what you replace any stolen items with. And finally, don’t let worries about theft spoil your enjoyment of your garden!
Download: La Playa Private Client Brochure
Kate M, Private Client
You can call us to talk more about your business on +1 646 665 7737
La Playa's Personal Risk Concierge service means advice you can trust - from an expert who understands you:
As an independent broker, we can advise on the best policies available - and on risk management measures including valuations, security, fire prevention and property marking - preserving the value of your property and giving you complete peace of mind. We have access to excellent terms with high net worth insurers including Chubb, Hiscox and Hartford.
What does “Boutique Service” actually mean?
La Playa’s Personal Risk Concierge means:
1. Careful listening to really understand your needs and priorities
2. As much help as you need with completing forms to provide risk information
3. A discreet and complimentary appraisal* of your property to assess the risks and ensure you have the right cover where you need it
4. An independent review of the market - so you don’t have to shop around comparing policies, cover limits, risks covered and smallprint exclusions
5. Careful monitoring of the insurers’ financial strength, claims and customer service
6. An independent recommendation of the best policy for you - and why
7. Specialist policy wordings from underwriters who have demonstrated excellence and deep understanding of your risk exposures. We have analyzed a wide range of policy wordings and have selected only the best for our panel. Our advisors have a deep working knowledge of these policies
8. An intelligently designed portfolio of protection across multiple asset classes and territories
9. Advice on how best to manage your risks - to keep you safe but also to keep insurance costs down
10. A dedicated advisor so you can speak to the same person each time.
11. Expert guidance on valuations, security and risk management, and connecting you with specialist advisers and suppliers
12. Direct phone and email access to your adviser for questions and advice. We aim to pick up calls within 3 rings and to respond to emails within 60 minutes
13. Policy documents emailed to you - no logins and passwords to remember
14. An advocate beside you if you make a claim - thinking laterally to mitigate the impact, making useful connections to get you back up and running, and driving through a swift financial settlement
No call centres
No ‘hold’ music
No hidden fees
*subject to availability with our insurer panel