Fine Wine Insurance - If wine is your passion, you’ll want access to your collection - to enjoy, to admire, to share; even just to walk in the stillness of the organic ageing process. But in a home cellar your wine is exposed to risk, which could affect the financial investment you’ve made in it:
Fine wines derive their value from the aesthetic complexity and rarity they develop with age. Wines become more delicate with age, and extremes of temperature, variation in humidity and vibration can damage their quality and the predictability of their evolution. Which is why you need specialist advice and carefully crafted wine insurance.
Based in New York and London, La Playa can provide your wine insurance separately, or as part of your homeowners insurance. Our specialist fine wine insurance covers:
You’ll also enjoy:
Contact us to give your wine the protection and care it deserves.
“To take wine into our mouths is to savor a droplet of the river of human history” - Clifton Fadiman
La Playa offers specialist insurance coverage for wines in domestic and warehouse storage and in transit. We can advise on reducing your exposure to common risks - read our advice on Safeguarding Your Wine Collection and What To Do if Your Wine Collection is Flooded.
Download: Wine Insurance for private collectors
You can call us to talk more about your business on +1 646 665 7737
La Playa's Personal Risk Concierge service means advice you can trust - from an expert who understands you:
As an independent broker, we can advise on the best policies available - and on risk management measures including valuations, security, fire prevention and property marking - preserving the value of your property and giving you complete peace of mind. We have access to excellent terms with high net worth insurers including Chubb, Hiscox and Hartford.
What does “Boutique Service” actually mean?
La Playa’s Personal Risk Concierge means:
1. Careful listening to really understand your needs and priorities
2. As much help as you need with completing forms to provide risk information
3. A discreet and complimentary appraisal* of your property to assess the risks and ensure you have the right cover where you need it
4. An independent review of the market - so you don’t have to shop around comparing policies, cover limits, risks covered and smallprint exclusions
5. Careful monitoring of the insurers’ financial strength, claims and customer service
6. An independent recommendation of the best policy for you - and why
7. Specialist policy wordings from underwriters who have demonstrated excellence and deep understanding of your risk exposures. We have analyzed a wide range of policy wordings and have selected only the best for our panel. Our advisors have a deep working knowledge of these policies
8. An intelligently designed portfolio of protection across multiple asset classes and territories
9. Advice on how best to manage your risks - to keep you safe but also to keep insurance costs down
10. A dedicated advisor so you can speak to the same person each time.
11. Expert guidance on valuations, security and risk management, and connecting you with specialist advisers and suppliers
12. Direct phone and email access to your adviser for questions and advice. We aim to pick up calls within 3 rings and to respond to emails within 60 minutes
13. Policy documents emailed to you - no logins and passwords to remember
14. An advocate beside you if you make a claim - thinking laterally to mitigate the impact, making useful connections to get you back up and running, and driving through a swift financial settlement
No call centres
No ‘hold’ music
No hidden fees
*subject to availability with our insurer panel