Working with a panel of specialist underwriters at world class insurers, our team have the expertise and commitment to make buying insurance an altogether more pleasurable experience. We'll create a specific policy for your home, based on a detailed risk management appraisal of the property.
High net worth individuals are rewarded by insurers for the care they take of their possessions - and in some cases we can help negotiate contributions from insurers to valuations and security installations.
The usual cover we provide is for “All Risks” including accidental damage. Unlike some policies, this will also encompass costs incurred through, for example, knocking through walls or floors to trace burst pipes.
Water damage is something that occurs in nearly a quarter of our clients claims, see our advice for protecting against water damage.
Flooding can be a real problem even in the least likely of areas, see our advice for minimising the risk of damage from flooding.
Insurance can become a mass of confusing jargon that obscures what you'll actually need in a crisis. It's very important to get the right advice when assessing the reinstatement cost of your property (ie: how much it would cost to re-build), as under-insurance can lead to reduced claims settlements. Often we discover that larger properties are insured for their market value and not the reinstatement cost (a re-build following a fire, for example). This is particularly a problem with period and listed property, as the reinstatement value can be much higher.
If your home is large, special or unique, you need a specialist policy. This may - or may not - mean you pay a little more, but a policy that doesn't pay out when you claim is simply money down the drain. It's a false economy.
It's important to work with a broker who will take time to assess your specific needs. And after a claim, you will want sympathy and efficiency, not more hassle.
Period, listed or unusual property?
Click the links for more information on:
Download: Protecting You and Your Home
Ann S, Private Client
You can call us to talk more about your business on +1 646 665 7737
La Playa's Personal Risk Concierge service means advice you can trust - from an expert who understands you:
As an independent broker, we can advise on the best policies available - and on risk management measures including valuations, security, fire prevention and property marking - preserving the value of your property and giving you complete peace of mind. We have access to excellent terms with high net worth insurers including Chubb, Hiscox and Hartford.
What does “Boutique Service” actually mean?
La Playa’s Personal Risk Concierge means:
1. Careful listening to really understand your needs and priorities
2. As much help as you need with completing forms to provide risk information
3. A discreet and complimentary appraisal* of your property to assess the risks and ensure you have the right cover where you need it
4. An independent review of the market - so you don’t have to shop around comparing policies, cover limits, risks covered and smallprint exclusions
5. Careful monitoring of the insurers’ financial strength, claims and customer service
6. An independent recommendation of the best policy for you - and why
7. Specialist policy wordings from underwriters who have demonstrated excellence and deep understanding of your risk exposures. We have analyzed a wide range of policy wordings and have selected only the best for our panel. Our advisors have a deep working knowledge of these policies
8. An intelligently designed portfolio of protection across multiple asset classes and territories
9. Advice on how best to manage your risks - to keep you safe but also to keep insurance costs down
10. A dedicated advisor so you can speak to the same person each time.
11. Expert guidance on valuations, security and risk management, and connecting you with specialist advisers and suppliers
12. Direct phone and email access to your adviser for questions and advice. We aim to pick up calls within 3 rings and to respond to emails within 60 minutes
13. Policy documents emailed to you - no logins and passwords to remember
14. An advocate beside you if you make a claim - thinking laterally to mitigate the impact, making useful connections to get you back up and running, and driving through a swift financial settlement
No call centres
No ‘hold’ music
No hidden fees
*subject to availability with our insurer panel