Your Insurance Repertoire
La Playa's Performing Arts Portfolio is a modular program of insurance which allows you to pick classes and sections of coverage that suit your organization.
Mandatory: the Beethoven 5 of insurance!
- Workers’ Compensation - statutory coverage providing loss of wages and all associated medical and rehabilitation costs for injuries that occur while working for you. All the goodwill in the world won’t compensate a debilitating injury!
Orchestral essentials: up there with the Rachmaninov Piano Concertos…
- Property: electronic equipment, sheet music, audio visual equipment, hired-in equipment, merchandise stock, brochures, programs and musical instruments.
- Performance Interruption: protects income streams during physical and technological disruptions (fire, flood, power & telecommunications failure, prevention of access to venue, failure of safety curtain, sound & lighting).
- Comprehensive General Liability: provides indemnification and defense for claims alleging property damage or bodily injury to third parties (audiences, artists, freelancers, volunteers, merchandise, venues). We can look at the contracts you have with suppliers and customers and extend your cover to meet their requirements.
Management liability including the following coverages:
- Directors' & Officers' and Trustee Liability: protecting your board from the personal financial risk from allegations of mismanagement, poor administration, tax errors, dishonesty of an employee, breach of confidentiality, breach of copyright.
- Employment Practices: provides protection from claims alleging wrongful terminations, sexual harassment, discrimination and workplace violence from employees and can be extended to cover losses from third parties.
- Professional Indemnity/Errors and Omissions: provides defense and indemnification for actual or alleged acts. errors or omissions, and claims of copyright, breach of confidentiality.
- Fiduciary dishonesty by employees: protects the trustees and administrators of your pension/profit sharing plans for acts, errors or omissions in administering those plans.
- Crime including fraud by third parties: protects your assets from employee theft and can protect assets of third parties from your employee actions.
- Workplace Violence: protecting you from compensation claims and additional costs as the result of an incident of violence at your place of work.
- Kidnap & Ransom: designed to cover the threat of or the actual kidnapping of your employees or your assets anywhere in the world.
- Money: box office income, per diems, program/merchandise cash – including financial loss caused by an employee.
- Travel & Touring: trip cancellation, medical expenses, passport replacement, loss of baggage.
- Cancellation Insurance: cover against financial loss resulting from cancellation, abandonment, postponement or re-scheduling of an event or tour.
- Cyber liability: protecting you online against copyright infringement, virus transmission, malicious damage to websites.
Risk Management Advice
As well as structuring a global portfolio of protection for you, it makes sense to help you manage your risks to avoid problems arising in the first place. And demonstrating good risk management can help keep your premiums down and facilitate claims settlements.
Get a Quote
Can you afford NOT to shop around for your insurance this year? Just pick up the phone or email us - we think you'll like working with us!
T: 646 665 7737
E: Mark Boon